7.25.2006

Colorado Trip

I just got back from Colorado late monday night. I just want to log everything here so I can remember it.

I got to the Airport Friday after working a half day at Vantage. Our plane was a half hour late, and the gate I was at was literally at the ass end of the airport where airconditioning as yet to be discovered. Literally, it was baking. Got onto the jetway and into the plane, and began the long journey to Colorado. It took about an hour.

Landed late, got a call from Nolan wondering where I was. I met up with him and Nick in the main terminal. Nick looks AWESOME having totally shed a lot of his pounds. Nolan looked like Nolan, but with a baseball cap. Hadn't seen him in one since (DC) '97. We proceeded to go towards the baggage claim. I hadn't actually checked a bag, they just assumed I did. I didn't ask questions and just followed them. Hilarity ensued until we realized we just walked to the total opposite end of the airport from where they parked. That kinda sucked.

We ended up getting down towards Arvada, and were trying to figure out where to eat. Nick suggested
Phở78, and we called Jim to let him know we were going to be there. However, we passed by Black Eyed Pea and Nolan decided to want the BIG ASS Chicken Fried Steak. We called Jim again to let him know that Phở was out of the question (a recurring theme for the trip as you will see) and to meet us there. I had Prime Rib, Nolan and Nick had the forementioned BIG ASS Chicken Fried Steak, where Jim had chicken fried chicken. Something humorous was stated about the degredation from Prime rib to fried steak to fried chicken. It was funny at the time.

That night we kind of just hung out at Nicks from what I remember. Played some Munchkin and Catan. Went to bed at a reasonable hour that night, as everyone had had a killer week.

Next morning I woke Nick up to take me to Chipotle. It was GLORIOUS and I loved it. After that we went to BLACK & READ, one of my favorite stores in Colorado. Imagine a used/new bookstore, used/new music store, game store, and occult section of a library mashed together. Now imagine it run by surly folks. While we were there we picked up the 4th Munckin Expansion (Need for Steed) and the 5-6 player Catan expansion (which never got used). Next, Nick and I travelled to GameStop where he proceeded to trade in his old 'Ugly as the Devils Face' DS for a new amazing DS Lite after seeing the glory that is mine. We then went home and played games till Nolan showed up. Decided on
Phở for dinner once again, and called Jim to let him know. But we changed our minds to Red Lobster at the last minute, thus pushing Phở off for another meal yet again. Proceeded up towards Flatirons where we had probably the funniest damn dinner I have had in a long time. Nolan had a couple of Long Island Iced Teas and was *mildly* drunk. He kept getting somewhat frightened of the various bus boys, be they large and scary like Lurch from the Adams Family, or glowing like the Human Torch due to Nolans booze enhanced vision.

Quick aside, Nolan had decided to theme the weekend after the letter B. Friday was Beef. Saturday was Booze. Sunday was supposed to be Boobs, but it didn't really happen. Unless you count Jim's drawing of them in his sketch book while in the back of Nicks car.

Anyways, the best part of dinner came about when Nolan stated that he was 'Soooooo....' and Jim was able to finish it with a 'BRRRRR'. Nolan started laughing and couln't stop. I also ended up with a fit of laughter that only abated once I had gotten to the bathroom. When I came back, Nolans still hadn't. It was great, you should have been there.

Well, after that we went home to relax until we went to see Andrew at work. Nolan relaxed with a bottle of Vodka, and after a failed attempt to leap over a bench at Lake Arbor, decided to call it a night.

We proceeded to Broadway and the sleazy gay club where Andrew works known as BOYZTOWN (with a Z for that extra touch of GAY). While I won't really go into detail as to what all happened there, let it be known I had my ass pinched by a stripper looking for tips. We left shortly thereafter. Headed out the Dave & Busters, and played a few games.

Went home, and crashed yet again.

Sunday rolled around. We had lunch at Texas Roadhouse with Andrew after his long night of work and chatting it up with a dominatrix (female, I was surprised). Let it forever be said, Andrews life is anything but not interesting. After that we went back to Nicks and played more Catan and Munchkin.

Amazingly for dinner on Sunday we had
Phở. It was delicious, but I was so sick at that point (I caught a cold on the flight over) that I could barely taste it and barely ate half the small bowl I had ordered.

Andrew apparently came over later that night after working the bar at a hotel in Boulder, but due to sickness and the Sudafed I took, I crashed out somewhere around 9ish (I think).

Monday was not moving too fast. I packed in the morning, played some DS until Jim came over. We went to Rallibertos, this little converted Taco Bell mexican restaurant in Arvada. It was AWESOME. I had this drink called *** which is basically rice milk and cinnamon. I loved it. Jim and I drove around a bit after that. We headed to Toys R Us where I got Robin a present for having ditched her for a couple of days. Went back to Nicks and pretty much just hung out till he got home from school and took me to the airport. Although, we did play Worms somewhere in between there. I remember winning because somehow Jim's last worm managed to jump off the NON EXISTANT Z AXIS of the 2-D playing field and died. That got me laughing almost as much as Sooo....BRRRR...

Headed to the airport, caught the plane and had a bumpy ride home next to a panic stricken lady I fully expected to either puke or have a heart attack. She had neither, which was for the best.

And now I sit at home in the blazing heat and write this stream of thought post while I wait for Robin to bring me Coldstone after he trip outside with her Sister.

YAY! IT'S HERE!

YTMND OF THE DAY! Worst thing in Soliataire EVER: http://ultblock.ytmnd.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home